Maxton Scotland
The Parish Web Site - Scottish Borders

Maxton Parish Noticeboard

Minutes of the Meeting of Maxton 21 held on 31st October 2016

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 31st OCTOBER 2016

PRESENT: Douglas, Eileen, Priscilla, Ron, Tom, Elvira, Rhona, Geoff, Lily and Charlie

APOLOGIES: Kim

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
None

AGENDA

TREASURERS REPORT
Kim had sent in copies of the latest treasurer’s report, which showed a balance of £8,584.48. With the Charity balance standing at £172.00. Geoff is still waiting to hear re the charitable status. Geoff has circulated copies of the New Maxton 21 Charity Constitution, and has requested that the Committee email him with any queries or comments so that any problems arising can be addressed before the next meeting.

PAST EVENTS
Maxton Meets – At last months meeting, Charles Strang gave an excellent illustrated talk on the Architectural Heritage of the Borders, which was very well attended.

FUTURE EVENTS
Maxton Meets – Richard Carlton will give a talk on Flodden at the next meeting on 14th November. Geoff has asked local historical and archaeological societies to circulate posters advertising this event.

Music Night – 12th November – Ron now has tickets (70) for this evening if anyone wants one; they will also be available at the door on the night. Flyers are to be printed and taken to Denholm Folk Festival advertising the event. Several of the group volunteered to help with setting up the hall, the musicians will be performing on the stage.

Craft Night Natter - All ideas for this are welcome, perhaps to be held fortnightly in the hall, and where necessary transport could be arranged for people who don’t drive. It was suggested that this could be started in December along with a ‘Maxton Meets for Christmas’ informal gathering on 12th December between 7 and 8 pm.

Carol Singing
This will take the usual format, meeting at the car park on 18th December at 6.30 pm. Please wear warm clothes and bring a torch.

Christmas Hamper
Eileen handed around a list of ideas for donations for the Christmas hamper which she will make to raffle for funds for the charity.

HALL REPORT
The Lime tree will be cut back and it was agreed that Wilson Jamieson do the extra work of cutting back the Beech hedge and the necessary pollarding, this would cost £150.00. The written permission of the landowner (David Grieve) is required and Elvira will make arrangements to get in touch with him.

Ron has been doing some work on the disabled toilet door, and mentioned that an outside light along the side of the hall would be a good idea, all agreed.

Douglas said the lights had all been PAT tested and cleaned, and the speakers strengthened. He also mentioned that we think about the possibility of getting a new cooker for the kitchen.

A plumber (Rutherfords) is to come and fix the noisy flushing toilet.

WEBSITE
Nothing to report

NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH
Nothing to report

FACEBOOK
Facebook is doing OK and the information for the Music Night is on board. This info will also go into the Southern Reporter under village news; Priscilla said she would arrange this.

A.O.CB
Nothing

NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Monday 5th December.

The meeting was then closed.

Back to: Maxton Parish Noticeboard

Date: 31/10/2016