MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 4TH APRIL
PRESENT Douglas, Priscilla, Ron, Rhona, Geoff, Isobel, Gavin and Eileen
APOLOGIES Charlie, Elvira, Kim & Tom
The minutes from the previous meeting were approved.
Isobel now has the accounts back from being audited, the Chairman to sign that he agrees them and Geoff, Douglas and Kim will each get a copy.
Isobel showed a breakdown of expenditure which shows a balance of £7432.19. All the money made from fundraising events last year went into the charity. (Borders Search and Rescue).
The Entertainment Licence, which is renewed every 3 years, is due soon.
It was agreed that a Fire Risk Assessment for the hall be carried out.
Isobel to arrange the change-over of Treasurer with Kim.
Maxton Meets – on 14th March a well attended audio visual event celebrating the life of Border poet Will Ogilvey was given by Well Road Productions.
Maxton Meets – 11th April Diane Bennett from the Osprey Trust will give a talk. Priscilla to put flyers out for this event. Ideas please for future Maxton Meets speakers.
Charlie is dealing with sponsorship for the web site. There was a discussion regarding how best to keep people informed of events in the village.
The three Trustees have had a meeting – Gavin to scan in the accounts.
Nothing in yet from Scottish Water, but a letter to come from them.
The Entertainment Licence has been paid
Bridge membership of £10 paid
A chain is to be put on one of the audio speakers, and an annual lighting check is needed – Douglas will contact the electrician.
The fire exits are to be checked.
With two Elections coming in quick sequence, the booths can be left stored in the hall between Elections.
It was agreed to buy a new pedal bin for the kitchen and to touch up some of the paint around the cooker.
Ideas for future events include an ‘Open Day’ inviting people/groups to see what the hall has to offer in the hope of procuring more bookings. The group was invited to think about ways in which we could advertise this. Gavin said that Borders Live do free advertising for community groups and also the Scottish Borders Artistic Businesses Network.
It was agreed that the Maxton charity for 2016 is the ‘Jumbulance’ fund (Scottish Borders Holiday Group) which we have supported in the past and are always keen to help out with fundraising, the contact is Lorna Redpath at St Boswells.
A request has been made for a pin board for the forthcoming elections to save blu tac, drawing pins etc, spoiling the walls. Priscilla said she would look into getting clips as a board would be obscured by coats.
The meeting was then closed.
The next meeting will be on Monday 9th May
Back to: Maxton Parish Noticeboard
|Home | Calendar | News | Guestbook | Sponsors | Contact|