Rural Crime - Fuel Theft - West Linton
Following the theft of 1000 litres of fuel oil from a rural location near West Linton we would offer the following prevention advice:-
• Locking your fuel tank cut off valve with a strong closed shackle padlock and chain.
• If the tank is situated outside consider building a security cage around it.
• Locate your fuel tank in a suitable building where it can be locked away.
• Switch off the electricity supply to electrical pumps when not in use.
• Be aware of suspicious vehicles nearby when fuel is delivered, thieves may follow delivery vehicles.
• Ask the delivery driver if they have noticed any suspicious vehicles or behaviour.
• Consider security lights and motion detectors to deter thieves.
• Consider fitting a fuel tank alarm.
• Consider using a mobile bowser that can be moved to a secure location when not in use.
• Regularly check your fuel level and report any losses.
For further crime prevention advice follow the link to our website - http://ow.ly/uewa30lAkEH or alternatively phone 101 and ask for your local Community Officer.
Message Sent By
Nick Walker (Police Scotland, Constable, Scottish Borders)
Back to: Our Community - Be Safe, Be Secure.
|Home | Calendar | News | Guestbook | Sponsors | Contact|